Sunday, February 7, 2016

X-Rated....You've Been Warned

I want to give you full warning this post contains some adult words and ideas. If you think you might be offended, please don't read it. You may be asking, why I would write it. Here's the deal. For you to know how Kalisha's brain works, you have to know these things and there are no 'nice' ways to say some of them.
It's still quite humorous but geez Louise, she often says exactly what is in her head. We work on this and she usually pauses for a few seconds before saying things. Also, she has outgrown the need to say everything, and now runs most sensitive things past me first.
This is a conversation we had while driving somewhere last week.
Me: Are you and Paul (not his real name) going to the Valentine Dance on Friday?

K: Yeah. He wants me to go.

Me: Don't you want to go?

K: I do.

Me: Do the two of you actually dance?

K: Yes, we dance and kiss sometimes.

Me: Good. I'm happy you have a boyfriend.

K: Do you think we'll get married some day?

Me: I don't know. Do YOU think you'll get married?

K: Probably.

Me: Do you love him or just like him?

K: I love him but you know how I am...I get really excited about something and then after a while, I'm not interested anymore.

***She is quite introspective about many things and knows herself very well

Me: Well, that's true but you know how you are, so maybe you need to pray about it.

K: Yeah, cause I couldn't do that with marriage. I couldn't just say 'I'm tired of this and I'm done being married because marriage is supposed to be forever.'

***There are a lot of people who should take her advice.

Me: Yes, that's true. Do you and Paul ever talk about getting married?

K: Not really. His parents said he can't get married for a long time yet.

Me: Okay. Do you think he knows what being married means?

K: You mean having sex? Like when he puts _____ his_____ in _____my ______?

Me: Yes...that is an important part...but there's more to marriage than sex.

K: I wonder if he knows about sex.

Me: I don't know and I don't know how you will find out.

***WAIT FOR IT.....

K: I think the next time I see his parents, I'll say, "So, does Paul know all about sex?"

*** In Kalisha's mind, if you want to know something, the logical thing to do, is ask.

It takes a lot to rattle me when it comes to Kalisha, but the scene and the conversation she just described flashed across my mind like a meteor. I continued driving and said, "Honey, I really don't think it would be a good idea to ask that question, okay?"

K: Okay.

I warned you, didn't I?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...