Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love Is In The Air.....

Kalisha has had some 'love interests' in the past, but most of those have been disastrous in one way or another, so when she came home a week ago and told me she had a boyfriend named Jim (not his actual name) and they kissed on the bus, I was a little concerned. I didn't go crazy because we've been down this road before. She told me he works at a 'workshop' here in Fort Wayne, so I know he has special-needs of some kind.

The next day she came home with a picture of them together on the bus. It made me smile just looking at it. They looked like 2 peas in a pod. She immediately posted it to Facebook and said she loved him and they were going to get married. I left a comment and asked if I would get to meet him before the wedding. She told me the wedding was far in the future.

Photo of Kalisha's Dog...Tired Out and Sleeping
Kalisha was very concerned because he wouldn't tell his mother about her. I can usually come up with some sort of answer to any of her dilemmas, but this time, I just couldn't. She looked for his address on whitepages.com and found his house. She even took the dog for a walk and they just happened to walk past his house. The dog had not been on a walk that long for a while. He came home and promptly fell asleep. Her friend told her she would be arrested for stalking. Oh, good grief!

Kalisha said, "Mom, Why can't we just walk up to the door, knock, and introduce ourselves when she answers and tell her I am Jim's girlfriend?"
(She had previously told me his mother was 80, so I am having visions of her answering the door and then keeling over.)
"No, Kalisha, we can't do that. I wouldn't like it if some stranger came to our door and said he was your boyfriend."
"Okay. Well, what if he never tells her about me?"

I try to convince her to wait for a while; give him a chance to tell her when he is ready, but that damnable black and white thinking has taken over and is driving her crazy.......me, too.
"But if she met me, she would see what a nice person I am and then she would like me, right?"

"Yes, I'm sure she would like you, Kalisha, but you don't know how protective she is or how she feels about him having a girlfriend or maybe some bad experiences in the past or anything. Give him time to tell her."

If this is beginning to sound like a broken record to you, I was beginning to feel like I was beating the proverbial dead horse, ok? If you want to read about their Valentine's day drama, go to my other blog, Not Different Enough, at www.moms.fortwayne.com

Jim did finally tell her that he would tell his mother. Kalisha was ecstatic. (Probably the reason he is telling her is because Kalisha got him a card and a gift bag with candy in it and he had to explain it somehow.)

She was texting me from the bus on her way home: 'Can we pick up Jim and his mom and go to Pizza Hut?'
Me: 'When?'
Kalisha: 'Tonight.'
Me: 'Why am I picking them up? Can't she drive and meet us there?'
Kalisha: 'I don't know, but can we?'
Me: 'Let me get this straight. He told her and now we are going to Pizza Hut?'
Kalisha: 'He said he would when he got off the bus and I'm sure they would like to go.'

Kalisha keeps adding tidbits of new information each day.
"Mom, Did I tell you Jim is 50?"
"No, I think you forgot that part."
"But age really doesn't make any difference, right?"

"His mom would rather wait until it is warm to go somewhere."

"We are going to the Tincaps baseball game on April 11th, ok?"
"Who is going? You and Jim or all of us?"
'Just me and Jim."
Wonderful. I really don't want to be the Fort Wayne Foursome all summer.

"Do you think I will get to meet Jim's mom before she dies?"
"I hope so. Is she ill?"
"No, but she's pretty old."

"I don't think he can read."
"Really?"
"I don't know, but he can drive and he wants to get his license."
"Well, then I think he can read, Kalisha."

I might be committed before this romance is over or blooms; one or the other.

Stay tuned to both blogs....I'm sure this is not the end of the story............

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...