Friday, March 25, 2016

Off To Buy A Lottery Ticket

Wow. Two posts in two days...not my usual style, but I had to write this short post.

I am going to TX to do a book signing in a few weeks. Kalisha wanted to go along. That was fine, but I told her she had to buy her tickets and have some spending money. When we added it up, it would take all of her 'spending' money for the month plus any savings she had set aside.
She was more than willing to spend it....but then decided she really needed a new portable DVD player as hers had died and couldn't be revived. I suggested she wait to get it until she received her first check from Parkview Field. That didn't fly because that would require a wait and she wanted it to take along with her. Sooo, her choices were going to TX without the DVD player or staying home and purchasing it.

Before she went to bed last night, she told me about playing a contest on the radio. If she won, she could do both; trip and VD player. I agreed she could but told her the chances of winning were 'slim to nothing.'

She won a CD this morning from the same station and her hopes were escalating. After lunch, she came into my office and nonchalantly said, "Well, I guess I can go to TX and get my DVD player. I just won the $105 prize"
 
"Are you kidding me?"
 
"Nope. I can pick it up at the station on Tuesday."
 
"How did you do that?"
 
"I just kept calling when they said and I saved the 'word' every time and they called and I won. I guess God wants me to go and have a DVD player."
 
"I guess so. Let's go and you can buy a lottery ticket, okay?"
 
(She didn't actually buy one, but perhaps she should have.)
 
That tenacity of hers never fails to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...